Saturday, January 26, 2008

Boys Don't Cry

Top: Brandon Teena Bottom: Hillary Swank portraying her character in the movie Boys Don't Cry

Most of you who hv clicked dis link myt hv clicked it thinking that it must be just a general topic about how boys don't cry. Well, I m sorry 2 hv disappointed u, coz dis is about dis movie dat I saw..

If anyone follows da oscars, dey'l knw tht Hillary Swank won da 1st of her 2 oscars for portraying the character of Brandon Teena- a transexual, in dis same movie.

I myself got interested in watching the movie only after da moving speech tht Hillary Swank gave on receiving d oscar for da same.. For da 1st tym I saw sum1 cry for da character, n not out of happiness on receiving d oscar, n at dat moment I knew I wud hv 2 watch da movie. Da 1st tym I saw d movie ws 5 yrs bak, wen I ws lyk wat 15-16 yrs old. But just recently I watched da movie again, n it still has not stopped from enthralling me. I ws so taken aback, that I made it a point that I browse da net n read all dat I cud lay my hands on abt da real Brandon Teena.

It is a true story of the life of Brandon Teena, a transgender who preferred life in a male identity until it was discovered he was born biologically female. It is at dis point dat Brandon's life is torn apart, and everythng gets out of control.. so out of control dat it all ends in a brutal rape and murders. Hillary Swank totally deserves d oscar. She has done total justice to Brandon Teena. I could not believe that Hillary Swank was a female portraying a transexual male. Da movie took me in an unforgettable journey. On further researching online, I found that a few details of the actual rape and murder of Brandon Teena were changed in the film version. But all in all, it is a true story at the end of da day. No, I am not going to tell you more about hw da movie is, or wat happens, bcoz I want you to watch da movie yourself. Sure, it is not da usual run of da mill movie, n some viewers might find da profanity vry appalling. But if you can make yourself look beyond dat, I m sure it will give u a better perspective in life. I know it gave me.. So pls, if you haven't watched da movie, give it a chance. I am sure, you will not regret it.

No comments: