Saturday, January 26, 2008

Biella - Cafee Pizzeria Ristorante

Last week my friend gave her birthday treat at BIELLA Cafe Pizzeria Restaurant at Water Front Gate Mall in Festival City. It's an Italian restaurant. We chose this restaurant because earlier one day when we were passing by it, we happened to check out it's menu, and we had seen almost 1/3 of the menu being vegetarian. And since 2 out of 3 of us were vegetarians, n myself being a 'trying to turn vegetarian' non-veg, it was a unanimous decision to go for it. We wanted to sit in the area allocated by the restaurant outside in the canal walk, but it was raining that afternoon, so we decided to sit inside. Every table was well decorated, giving you the 5-star feel. But personally I did not like the menu card, I mean I was expecting it to be like a book and everything, but it was made out of cardboard, and it was how it is in the small cafes. Everything on the menu, I mean the basic name of each of the food item, was not in English, but I would make a guess, in Italian. But ya, the detailed description under each of these Italian names was all in English. This gave the restaurant an even more authentic feel to it I believe. Anyhow, we ordered for 2 kinds of pastas. I did not want to order for pizza because just the other day we had pizza, so even I went for pasta - Arrabiata Penne, and my friends went for another pasta where the name of the pasta was weird CHILLI LINGUINE. Anyway we had also ordered for a starter, which was.. hmmm great I don't remember the name, but it was an item with buffalo cheese slices, tomato, olives and alot of vine leaves. Even that was quite nice. But the pasta was amazing. After long I came across a pasta that fit my tastebuds. And yup, another thing that most of these Italian restaurants provide, and even Biella did, was providing hot garlic bread, with butter and parmesan cheese provided separately to spread. Wow, just writing about it is making me go yummmmmmy. The service was very nice, friendly and cheerful, and always out to help. All in all, it was another great experience with my friends, and heres thanking my friend for her birthday treat!!! And hey, no abbreviations in this one I believe.. hmmmm :-) !!!!

No comments: